SOOOO happy to have a birthday cake with pretty lights on it.
Elsa LOVES her new dress and baby doll from Grama Phillips.
Praise God for this little girl. I remember a year before she was conceived, I started "working" David. We decided to try for a month. Doing it every other day became very boring, so we decided never to "try" to have a baby again. Well, I didn't know that David meant for a YEAR to go by before he would agree to "try" again. That year seemed like FOREVER. I would drop hints! I would protest! I wanted another baby---- a girl! I went to Las vegas that year and on the airplane, I was looking at a scrapbooking idea book. There was a lo in there with a little baby named Elsa. I wrote it down and forgot about it, I didn't see if for months later when I was going through my scrapbooking idea books. The name grew in my heart like a wildfire. Much like the name LUCA is doing.
The holidays came. My brother Jacob came to visit. He was tickling me, like my brothers do. I was laughing at first and playing around, I said, "Stop." Well, he didn't. He kept tickling me, like my brothers do and then I screamed like a MAD woman, "I SAID STOP!" Shocked, he jerked back and I ran to my room and slammed the door. I was crying hysterically. I wasn't really sure why. Well, it was a MOOD SWING. Jacob brought me ice cream (as an "I'm sorry") later and I took a pregnancy test. Yep, I was PREGNANT! Everything was beggining to make sense. I had been tired and ill for a few days and salad was making me sick.
OH, I wanted a GIRL. It's all I could think about. Ultrasound day came and I found out I was having a GIRL. I screamed it to Jenn Rogers (who was in the office) and everyone else who would listen to me. Well, I was screaming, they didn't have a choice. I was having a girl and her name would be Elsa.
I'm so thankful that she's here and that the Lord blessed me with another girl. A girl who looks and acts like me. A girl who is exactly what I wanted. I love her. Thanks, Lord.



2 comments:
I forgot to tell you thanx for telling us Elsa's Story! From the twinkle in Davids eye, to ho-hum, to tickled pink, to the cake-and gettin'er done! PS Don't we all eat that way...on the inside! We just cover it up with pride ;)
Am I "The Royal We" or what!
Those pictures made me laugh. THEY ARE PERFECT!!! REAL LIFE!!!! I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment