Elijah was running around like a scary man yesterday. Getting into trouble, and just acting psycho. It was a "melt down". I told him to go to his room and wait for Daddy to come home. He was uncontrollable and crying about everything hysterically. David came home and Elijah was passed out on his bed. So, we ate dinner, and kindof forgot that Elijah was sleeping. At around 8:30, David suggested that we wake him up. He was like a log, he wouldn't wake up. Finally we got him up, fed him, bathed him, and then put him back to bed within the hour. He slept so hard and so long. He easily would've slept through the night. My point? I don't think he's actually napping at school. I think he's laying very still, but not actually sleeping. This explains a lot. I remember Brianna being similar her first week of school by the end of the week. It was like she was maxed out. Brianna was crabby and hyper. Friends had warned me and told me that it could last a few weeks until their little bodies got used to it. They were right, Brianna soon settled into a routine and she was back to normal. It was only Kindergarten that this happened to her. Some of my friends claimed a few of their kids struggled each year, but it got better as they got older. They get up so early, which Elijah wasn't used to and then they run and play all day. "Crash and Burn" is kindof what it is. Elijah comes home from school and he's highstrung about his day. He even talks loudly like as if he's on the playground still. He's been doing that since the first day of school. By the end of the night, he's calmer and goes to sleep right away. I'm excited for the weekend and for Elijah to relax. Being tired is not an excuse for acting like a wildman, but as his Mom, I know he needs to rest after school instead of playing right away. Live and learn, then get smarter.... hehehe.

Cheetos update... anyone tried them yet? I'm almost done with my bag!

A great idea... A friend of mine said that she prints her blogs and saves them for her kids when they're older. Genious! I knew I would use my blog for scrapbook journaling, but I never thought about using it as a diary to leave behind. How cool when Elijah reads this post at 20! Wouldn't you just LOVE to have something like this from your mom or Grama?

posted under |

1 comments:

Bethany said...

He must have been one tired little guy. HEEE HEE. Too much school. Cute pic

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, Wife, Lover and Mother of five.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

MY CURRENT SCRAPBOOK

Since I don't have all the time I used to to scrapbook, this is my online version. Eventually when I print my photos, I can come back here and copy that stats.

I still do scrapbook, but mostly for writing articles. I will post those pages sometimes. You can always see my work and read my articles at www.Scrapjazz.com

Recent Comments