My Labor Story
I always enjoy reading others labor stories, so here is mine. I don't care if you don't read it, because I'm mostly just typing so I don't forget for the baby book.


Friday:

Check in at 7:30pm. The A/C is broke and they tell me that they are unable to start induction til the morning because the OR was closed down due to the A/C.
They attempt an IV 3 times. I hate that I have crazy veins.


Saturday:
6am
After a shower, they start Pitocin.
I am 3 cm. at this point.

Throughout the day, they would "bump" up the pitocin for my contractions to get harder. It would work for 45-90 min, and they labor would slow down again. We played this game on and off throughout the afternoon. Tired and aggravated, I started to think about getting pain meds, but chickened out. I'm afraid of pain meds. So, I just cried.

Dr. Hulse came in at 5 cm. and we decided to break my water after about 20 min. of me crying. I was afraid to get my water broke because it heightens a chance for C-section if my labor kept stopping. After prayer from my friends, I calmed down.

Labor progressed as they kept bumping the pitocin. Finally, I started to get really uncomfortable and started to get a little sick. TEXTBOOK transition! They checked me and I was a 7-8. YAY! Then, the stupid labor slowed down again. I kept asking, "Why am I not in more pain?" I seriously was laughing around, goofing off. This is not normal.

SO....They check me again. I'm a 5!?!?!?! What the @?!:#{E:LK@
I start crying again. WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG AND WHAT HAPPENED?
Evidently, when Luca came 'down' the pressure caused me to swell and the cervix to close back to a 5. They put ice on me and I just sat and cried some more. It was around 8pm now. I had my friends and David pray for me. I felt better.

Then, contractions came hard. They checked me and I was a 7 again. YAY! Then, like a flash, contractions got harder and my back started to BREAK. Seriously. Yep, break! I screamed and wiggled to try to relieve the pain from my back. I must have said, "MY BACK!" about 50 times. They flipped me over on my hands and knees to try to get him to turn. I screamed the entire time and bit my pillow. Still no pain meds. But, I did tell everyone that I was dying. They reassured me that I wasn't. That kindof made me mad though, 'cause I knew that in fact, I was dying.

The baby turned and they flipped me over. I was an "8." That's it. Going from an 8 to a 9 was bad. But, then came "9"

Yep, I got a bit stuck at "9." I cried and cried and cried for them to let me push, but they said I couldn't, or that my cervix would swell again. Getting to a "10" seemed to take forever and I couldn't wait. They let me do these tiny pushes called, "grunts." And, she said to me, "no cheating!" Since I didn't want my cervix to swell and go backwards again, I didn't cheat and did the grunts. It helped a little, but not enough, you know, since I was dying. So, I got a shot of something in my IV. It was a teeny tiny dose, since the baby was so close, it wasn't safe to get much. At this point I kept telling them, "I'm so angry! I'm so angry!" I was mad because nobody believed me that I "couldn't do it anymore." I was mad they kept saying, "Yes, you can. You're doing it! It's almost over." Whatever. hehehe. I looked up at David like, "Help me!"

Then, came glorious "10." The nurse told me to give a tiny push. hehehe. Little did she know that I'm the best pusher ever! I pushed and she was like, "WHOA! Slow down." I started to freak out and screamed, "I can't! I can't stop." She understood and told me to go ahead. I pushed a really hard push and Dr. Hulse came in. I told him to please hurry up. It sounds rude, but I was nice about it. I got the head out and I said, "Dr Hulse get him out!" But, he didn't. David said Dr Hulse was trying, but Luca wasn't coming out. I pushed again and screamed, "Dr. Huuullllllllllse!" and Luca was born shortly after. I didn't mean to scream his name. I meant to like grunt, but for some reason I needed to push while trying to talk at the same time. hehehe. It was kindof funny sounding.

So, as usual, I blurted out stupid stuff. I'm sure you're not shocked. We got most of it on film, it's cute. But, I won't be posting that. So, no epidural! I was glad that I didn't end up getting it, especially since my back was injured. With an epidural, I would've constantly wondered what happened to my back. Being able to feel everything, I know-Luca was positioned wrong all along. That's why the labor took so long and that's why it hurt so back in the end. He came out a little bruised, but he's fine now.

posted under |

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a story! I laughed out loud at the "Dr. Huuullllllllse" scream. :-D Reminds me of when I was pushing Lydia out with this scream that got higher and higher and louder and louder and just wouldn't stop. I kept thinking, "They're gonna' think I'm dying, and I'm really not, but I just HAVE to scream like this." But, a friend of ours was downstairs and claims that I kept yelling, "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!" ...crying out to the Lord, of course. Our friend curled himself up in the fetal position, traumatized by my yelling, and at one point apparently called out (to Jesus), "Answer her!!!" LOL!! :-p Isn't birthing fun?!! Well, I hope your back is healing well. And Luca is simply GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

congrats and great story! i laughed because i could picture and hear you saying all of it. so great. :) xoxo biz

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!! I am sure they have heard worse screaming. You birthed an almost 10lb. baby with no epidural. Not many people can say that. You do what you have to do to make that happen. I am so glad he is here safe and sound. He is SO cute!!!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, Wife, Lover and Mother of five.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

MY CURRENT SCRAPBOOK

Since I don't have all the time I used to to scrapbook, this is my online version. Eventually when I print my photos, I can come back here and copy that stats.

I still do scrapbook, but mostly for writing articles. I will post those pages sometimes. You can always see my work and read my articles at www.Scrapjazz.com

Recent Comments