When you think you've had a bad day... read this!
Sent to me via email from a dear friend! It wasn't her who experienced this, so don't try to figure it out! Who knows who this poor woman is, but I can relate to her. Good intentions, great problems.

WAX is Not your Friend>>>All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of>easy, painless removal - The epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the>wax.>>My night began as any other normal weeknight. Come home, fix dinner,>play with the kids. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my>mind for the next few hours: "Maybe I should pull the waxing kit out of>the medicine cabinet." So I headed to the site of my demise: the>bathroom.>>It was one of those "cold wax" kits. No melting a clump of hot wax,>you just rub the strips together in your hand, they get warm and you peel >them>apart and press them to your leg (or wherever else) and you pull the hair>right off. No muss, no fuss. How hard can it be? I mean, I'm not a genius,>but I am mechanically inclined enough to figure this out. (YA THINK!?!)>>So I pull one of the thin strips out. Its two strips facing each>other stuck together. Instead of rubbing them together, my genius kicks in >so I>get out the hair dryer and heat it to 1000 degrees. ("Cold wax,">yeah...right!)>>I lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin around it tight and>pull. It works! OK, so it wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I>can do this! Hair removal no longer eludes me! I am She-rah, fighter of all>wayward body hair and maker of smooth skin extraordinaire.>>With my next wax strip I move north. After checking on the kids, I>sneak back into the bathroom, for the ultimate hair fighting championship.>I drop my panties and place one foot on the toilet. Using the same>procedure, I apply the one strip across the right side of my bikini line, >covering>the right half of my *hoo-ha* and stretching down to the inside of my>butt cheek (Yes, it was a long strip) I inhale deeply and brace>myself....RRRRIIIPPP!!!!>>I'm blind!!! Blinded from pain!!!!....OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! Vision>returning, I notice that I've only managed to pull off half the strip. >CRAP!!!>>Another deep breath and RRIIPP!! Everything is swirly and spotted. I>think I may pass out...must stay conscious...Do I hear crashing drums???>Breathe, breathe...OK, back to normal.>>I want to see my trophy - a wax covered strip, the one that has>caused me so much pain, with my hairy pelt sticking to it. I want to revel >in the>glory that is my triumph over body hair. I hold up the strip! There's no>hair on it. Where is the hair??? WHERE IS THE WAX???>>Slowly I ease my head down, foot still perched on the toilet. I see>the hair. The hair that should be on the strip. I touch. I am touching>wax.>>CRAP! I run my fingers over the most sensitive part of my body, which>is now covered in cold wax and matted hair. Then I make the next BIG>mistake...remember my foot is still propped up on the toilet? I know>I need to do something. So I put my foot down. DANG!!!!!!!! I hear the>slamming of a cell door. "hoo-ha"? Sealed shut!>>Butt?? Sealed shut! I penguin walk around the bathroom trying to>figure out what to do and think to myself "Please don't let me get the urge >to>poop. My head may pop off!" What can I do to melt the wax? Hot water!! Hot>water melts wax!!!>>I'll run the hottest water I can stand into the bathtub, get in,>immerse the wax-covered bits and the wax should melt and I can gently wipe >it>off, right??? WRONG!!!!!!!>>I get in the tub - the water is slightly hotter than that used to>torture prisoners of war or sterilize surgical equipment - I sit.>>Now, the only thing worse than having your nether regions glued>together is having them glued together and then glued to the bottom of the>tub...in scalding hot water. Which, by the way, doesn't melt cold wax.>>So, now I'm stuck to the bottom of the tub as though I had>cement-epoxied myself to the porcelain!!>>God bless the man who had convinced me a few months ago to have a>phone put in the bathroom!!!!!>>I call my friend, thinking surely she has waxed before and has some>secret of how to get me undone. It's a very good conversation starter - >"So,>my butt and who-ha are glued together to the bottom of the tub!">>There is a slight pause. She doesn't know any secret tricks for>removal but she does try to hide her laughter from me. She wants to know >exactly>where the wax is located, "Are we talking cheeks or who-ha?">>She's laughing out loud by now...I can hear her. I give her the>rundown and she suggests I call the number on the side of the box. >YEAH!!!!!>Right!! I should be the joke of someone else's night.>>While we go through various solutions. I resort to scraping the wax>off with a razor. Nothing feels better then to have your girlie goodies>covered in hot wax, glued shut, stuck to the tub in super hot water and >then>dry-shaving the sticky wax off!!>>By now the brain is not working, dignity has taken a major hike and>I'm pretty sure I'm going to need Post-Traumatic Stress counseling for>this event.>>My friend is still talking with me when I finally see my saving>grace....the lotion they give you to remove the excess wax. What do I >really have>to lose at this point? I rub some on and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!>>The scream probably woke the kids and scared the dickens out of my>friend. It's sooo painful, but I really don't care. "IT WORKS!! It works!!">>I get a hearty congratulation from my friend and she hangs up. I>successfully remove the remainder of the wax and then notice to my>grief and despair....THE HAIR IS STILL THERE.......ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!>>So I recklessly shave it off. Heck, I'm numb by now. Nothing hurts. I>could have amputated my own leg at this point.>>Next week, I'm going to try hair color......

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, Wife, Lover and Mother of five.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

MY CURRENT SCRAPBOOK

Since I don't have all the time I used to to scrapbook, this is my online version. Eventually when I print my photos, I can come back here and copy that stats.

I still do scrapbook, but mostly for writing articles. I will post those pages sometimes. You can always see my work and read my articles at www.Scrapjazz.com

Recent Comments