One of my first scrapbook pages for Brianna. This was "the page" that I would pull out to show everyone with eyes. I was so proud of myself for creating this page.
Elijah eating. I STILL love to watch him eat.
This was when Elijah got into the diaper cream. I had to use Dawn w/ grease fighting action to get it off of him, and the carpet. NOT FUN! David did the journaling on the above layout. Click on it, and maybe you can read it.
I just love looking at Bethany's old pictures, so I figured I'd post some of my own of Elijah since he just turned 6. Don't mind the old scrapbooking styles.
Exactly 6 years ago, I held a new baby boy, only 6 days old. My chest was large, my bum was large too! hehehe. But, I try to remember TODAY what I must have felt like then. I was probably tired, overwhelmed, and trying to figure out how to care for a circumcision. I remember that we put Elijah in the pack n play in the living room so I wouldn't have to climb the stairs. I know Brianna was probably watching TV and David's phone # was on speed dial. I remember not wanting him to return to work, my biggest fear was having two babies. I just "knew" that both kids would start crying at the exact same time, non-stop. I just knew that I would lose my mind if that happened, so I called David all day long to tell him that. Just to add, I did MUCH better when Elsa was born. hehehe. But, I'm not claiming that I didn't hold on to David's pants leg, begging him to stay home, the first day he returned to work.
The reality of this happening again is very real to me. But, greater than the fear of change and hard times, is knowing that it only lasts for such a short while, and then my babies are big. Being pregnant again, I can't help but stare at Elsa. I vividly remember her being a baby. It helps that I got a new digital camera, and I have over 700 pics of her... hehehe. But, no, I mean I remember getting her out of her crib, hey, I still do that. I remember putting her in the swing to get in the shower. I remember her bitting me (where it hurts), I remember her fuzzy chicken hair (as Farrah would call it). Now she runs, and says, "NO!" OH, these times are so bittersweet. I could type about this all day. But, I really need to get cleaning.

2 comments:
Cute pics. I know I needed to look at Jude's baby pics today. I was holding him and snuggling in bed this morning wondering where the time went and how he changed so fast from my rolly polly baby to a big boy. I love the baby stage...even with lack of sleep. I want to slow it down and keep them small a little longer.
Won't be long and you will have that sweet baby in your arms
Love all your scrapbook pages.
maegan! it is so nice to hear from you. it has been a long time! as for your first scrapbook page . . . you always have LOVED your pattern paper, perhaps your name should have been Big pattern paper lovin' diva!
lova ya!
~the one who now holds the mallet
Post a Comment