Here is a quick recap of my labor story.

Went in on Wednesday. I was given a new chip every 4 hours for a total of 3 chips. Salsa, eh? hehehe.

At 8 am, I was in labor on my own!! YAY!

Around 10, I was 4 Cm! YAY!

By 4pm, I was still 4 cm! Oh, no!! Labor was not progressing. I was then given pitocin.

Around 7pm, I was hurting really bad and the nurse turned down the pitocin, only to find out that I was in full labor, and it could not be "slowed down."

The pain turned ugly, but I still did not get an epidural. I prayed, breathed, and remained calm.

Around 10-10:30pm, they broke my water. I was 6-7 cm. I got into the bathtub and within 4 contractions, I was not doing well. The pain was really bad.

10:45??? I got out of the tub on onto the table. I BEGGED to push, but the nurse said It wasn't time.

I begged some more, and she checked me. I was almost 10, but she said I could give a "little" push. I began to push the baby out and the FULL BLOWN screaming began. The dr. ran in and Bela was born within 3 contractions. I never got an epidural by choice.

The baby was much smaller than anticipated, and with no pain meds, I was just fine with her smaller size! hehehe.

Arabela Gabriele
8.11 lbs 21in.
2/1/07 11:09pm

posted under |

1 comments:

Christy B said...

Hey Maegan, you don't know me, but I hang around ScrapJazz and I've always admired you're work. I saw the link on your blog a couple of months ago and have been following every since. Congrats on the new baby! She's precious! I'm impressed 8lbs without an epi! What a woman!!!

Christy

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, Wife, Lover and Mother of five.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

MY CURRENT SCRAPBOOK

Since I don't have all the time I used to to scrapbook, this is my online version. Eventually when I print my photos, I can come back here and copy that stats.

I still do scrapbook, but mostly for writing articles. I will post those pages sometimes. You can always see my work and read my articles at www.Scrapjazz.com

Recent Comments