For Scouts, Elijah had to choose an animal and do a report on it, and draw a picture. I was terrified. Elijah lacks fine motor skills, doesn't spell well, and last time I saw him draw-it was stick figures. So, I let him pick his animal and we got started. Sure, it took a few hours, mostly because he misspelled almost every word. BUT, his handwriting wasn't as bad as usual, which shows me he's improving! BUT, the best part was when I taught him the use of "line" in art. See, if you try to draw a snake, it will look like a mess, but if you look at the outline, and it's space-relation to other lines, you can learn proportion, and draw! So, that's what he did and I couldn't be prouder of him. He did ABOVE his grade level and in fact, all the boys and parents in his den were HIGHLY impressed by his talent! He even shaded properly!

I love packages in my mail!
Project life is in my house and I've got it all set up!
Project 365 was a huge sucess for me last year and I actually completed the challenge of a photo/memory-a-day! This year will be even better, and more flexible.


I got a phone call from Elsa's teacher telling me that Elsa's reading has greatly improved. The teacher is "moving her up" and we couldn't be more proud. Elsa has worked hard. For Christmas, Grama got her a TAG reading system. She loves it!! I think it really gives her confidence to read, plus it's fun!

David and I got to go on a date Thursday. He was so sweet to bring a notebook on our date to write down all the details of my upcoming 30th bday party. He asked very specific questions too. I love him.

Most of this week was spent getting ready for Elijah's Bakugan tournament. The party was a huge success! Elijah turned "9" on Tuesday (I had a headache and forgot my camera) and we went to Chick filet to celebrate and built some project from Lowes. Well, fast forward to Sat and we had 7 boys come over to "battle" Bakugan. Elijah was the Ultimate winner! YEAH> couldn't believe it since he doesn't play all the time, etc. Elijah got a lot of presents and we are thankful.


Sat. night, since the house was clean, we had the Griffins over for Courtney's Salad and rockband. We had salad because Andrew is a vegetarian.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

MY CURRENT SCRAPBOOK

Since I don't have all the time I used to to scrapbook, this is my online version. Eventually when I print my photos, I can come back here and copy that stats.

I still do scrapbook, but mostly for writing articles. I will post those pages sometimes. You can always see my work and read my articles at www.Scrapjazz.com

Recent Comments