TODAY
Today David and I celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary.
This day, 12 years ago, I woke up and my mom took me to a notary to sign a document that stated she gave me permission to get married at 16.
David and I drove to the Justice of Peace and he married us.
There was no wedding, no crowd, no flowers.
David wore old tennis shoes and I wore a black spaghetti strap dress (that David bought me earlier that spring).
Afterwards, I went to my high school and transferred my records to a new school and moved 2.5 hours away from my family.
I got pulled over for speeding a got my first (and last) speeding ticket.
The entire day I felt like I was walking on air. I couldn't believe that I was truly married and that from now on, I would refer to David as "my husband."
That's what happened on April 14th, 12 years ago.
**the pic above was taken Feb. 1st...**
NOW do you see how my face has gotten HUGE!?
Today David and I celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary.
This day, 12 years ago, I woke up and my mom took me to a notary to sign a document that stated she gave me permission to get married at 16.
David and I drove to the Justice of Peace and he married us.
There was no wedding, no crowd, no flowers.
David wore old tennis shoes and I wore a black spaghetti strap dress (that David bought me earlier that spring).
Afterwards, I went to my high school and transferred my records to a new school and moved 2.5 hours away from my family.
I got pulled over for speeding a got my first (and last) speeding ticket.
The entire day I felt like I was walking on air. I couldn't believe that I was truly married and that from now on, I would refer to David as "my husband."
That's what happened on April 14th, 12 years ago.
**the pic above was taken Feb. 1st...**
NOW do you see how my face has gotten HUGE!?


2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! :) Loved seeing you. Hugs, Courtney
You are as beautiful as ever :) Happy Anniversary! Love and miss you,
Katina
Post a Comment